A to Z Bookish Survey

I stumbled across this book meme on Musings of a Bookshop Girl, and it looked like so much fun that I just had to play too. Props to The Perpetual Page-Turner for thinking this survey up.

 http://www.perpetualpageturner.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/AtoZsurvey.jpg

Author you’ve read the most books from:
Nora Roberts. She was all I read in high school. I've read all of her stand-alones, trilogies, and most of her anthologies up until publish date 2010 (I've read over 60 of her books, and I'm behind on about 5).

Best Sequel Ever:
Maybe it's because I've read it so recently, but I'm gonna go with Maggie Stiefvater's The Dream Thieves, which is a sequel to The Raven Boys. Otherwise, the Harry Potter books take this one.

Currently Reading:
P.D. James' Death Comes to Pemberley

Drink of Choice While Reading:
Tea. Iced or hot, green or black, lemon or milk, honey or sugar. I love me some tea.

E-reader or Physical Book?
Physical book, of course! I pledge to read the printed word.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:
Quirky, literary, clever Dash, from Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan.

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer. I was turned off by the title and cover art, actually. To me, it came off a bit boring and targeted to an older reader. The story, however, captivated me, and it's become one of my favorite books of all time.

Hidden Gem Book:
Heartbeat by Sharon Creech. Written entirely in free-verse. One of my greatest reading discoveries.

Important Moment in your Reading Life:
In the 5th grade when I read Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt. Up until that point, all books I'd read had a happy and predictable ending. It was the first book that took me by surprise and made me look inside myself. I'll honestly never forget how I felt upon finishing that book.

Just Finished:
The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare. It was not at all what I was expecting. SUCH A GREAT READ!

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:
I don't think there's a genre I will ever rule out and simply won't read, but I just tend not to pick them up at the bookstore: crime & mystery, political, religious, and non-biography nonfiction.

Longest Book You’ve Read:
The Stand by Stephen King at a whopping 1,440 pages. A major disappointment and my biggest waste of precious reading time to date.

Major book hangover because of:
George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series. I read all 5 books back to back, and it burnt me out so much that I couldn't pick up another book until a month afterward.

Number of Bookcases You Own:
Eleven!

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:
Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery. I've loved it since I was a little girl. Every time I read it, I get all warm and fuzzy inside.

Preferred Place To Read:
I prefer to read in the comfort of my own home. You can find me reading somewhere comfy within my house like my library armchair, the hanging swing in the screenroom, in bed or on the sofa...

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:
“Stuff your eyes with wonder,” he said, “live as if you’d drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories. Ask no guarantees, ask for no security, there never was such an animal. And if there were, it would be related to the great sloth which hangs upside down in a tree all day every day, sleeping its life away. To hell with that,” he said, “Shake the tree and knock the great sloth down on his ass.”  -Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Reading Regret:
Missing out on a ton of great children's lit growing up. I read really sporadically until I hit high school, so I missed out on some of the greats like Charlotte's Web, the Little House series, Roald Dahl's books... I'm catching up now, though.

Series You Started And Need To Finish (all books are out in series):
Ender's Saga by Orson Scott Card. I probably won't finish this series though, because the sequel was so thoroughly boring.

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:
Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird
J.D. Salinger's Franny and Zooey
Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice

Unapologetic Fangirl For:
The Hunger Games series. I read it and loved it years before the hype started, so I don't feel bad fangirling over it.

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:
I don't keep up with upcoming releases too much. Nora Robert's Dark Witch is coming out later this month.

Worst Bookish Habit:
I peel off any price or recommendation stickers on book covers and spines, which then leaves a gross, lint-attracting, sticky residue behind. But I HATE stickers on my books.

X Marks The Spot- Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:
Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre

Your latest book purchase:
Alison Goodman's Eon: Dragoneye Reborn

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):
Oh, hmm... it's been a really long time since I've read something compulsively. I think it may have been Cynthia Hand's Unearthly.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...