#DailyBookPic Photo-a-Day Project, Week 1

Book Riot is one of my all-time favorite literary websites, and I'm an avid follower of their Twitter. So when I came across the #DailyBookPic photo-a-day project, created by Cassandra Neace of Indie Reader Houston, I really wanted to join in on the fun. So, without any further ado, here are my photos from Week 1: July 1-7, 2012.

Day 1- Favorite Reading Spot: My Swingasan Hanging Chair from Pier 1 Imports. If I could, I would sit here and gently rock and read all day long. I especially love the built-in cup-holders and bookshelves. It was as if some genius designer created this chair with me specifically in mind.


Day 2- Current Read: The Fall 2012 issue of Do It Yourself Magazine [Hey, it's not a book, but it's print media]. So many ideas, so little time. This issue actually had a few pages of inspiring ideas just for home libraries. Can't wait to start tackling some of those projects!


Day 3- Book Browsing: Browsing my Dystopian and Post-Apocalyptic shelf. I've read about 70% of the books on this shelf so far. Allow me to be *that girl* and clarify that I was obsessed with this genre way before The Hunger Games craze. In other words, not a bandwagoner, though I am okay with reading the authors who are trying to bank on this surge of interest in the genre.


Day 4- Bookshelf: My pseudo-philosophical bookshelf. I took this picture in a hurry. One of the benefits of using Instagram on my phone.


Day 5- Bookmark: I've already blogged about my bookmark making spree, so I will spare the details here.


Day 6- Book and Beverage: Embarking on my fulfillment of the Random Reads challenge with John Kennedy Toole's A Confederacy of Dunces and a can of Orange San Pellegrino.


Day 7- Book and Breakfast: Fruit juice, hamsteak, eggs, and toast while finishing up Creech's Bloomability.


Gotta admit I am thoroughly enjoying myself with this photo project. Though I could have used my Nikon, I opted to take the pressure of being perfect off myself and started my own Instagram account to keep up. All my fellow bookworms out there should join in on the fun.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...